/C O R R E C T I O N from Source– Canadian Union of Public Employees (CUPE)/
In the news release, With 825 health jobs gone, Ford directly responsible for biggest job loss and diminished patient access, issued 19-Jun-2019 by Canadian Union of Public Employees (CUPE) over CNW, we are advised by the company that the quote in the 5th paragraph should have been attributed to CUPE Ontario president Fred Hahn, rather than Duff, as originally issued inadvertently. The complete, corrected release follows:
With 825 health jobs gone, Ford directly responsible for biggest job loss and diminished patient access
TORONTO, June 19, 2019 /CNW/ – With reports that the Doug Ford government is eliminating 825 jobs at health care agencies, “the true nature of the cruel PC budget and restructuring system changes are becoming clearer every day,” says Heather Duff, chair of the Canadian Union of Public Employees (CUPE) Ontario and a front-line Local Health Integration Network (LHIN) staff.
The 14 LHINs were allocated $41 million less than in last year’s budget estimates. “This is perhaps the biggest single job cut caused by the Ford government yet. The government must own up to how this will affect patient access to care,” says Duff. “They can’t run our province like their private corporation. They must be held to public account. These are our health care services.”